We know what’s being doubt about the power of copywriting, for that is why we show you these 5 Steps to Creating Perfect B2B Ebooks hope this can help you to find a perfect shot for your strategies. Using a B2B ebook meant to be a great way to reach businesses with your copywriting skills to learn with us how to create one in 5 single steps and exploit this tactic.
Step 1: Mind-Meld End Users
If it’s not written expressly with the end-user in mind then it’s quite literally a waste of time and effort. B2B ebooks with astounding conversion rates are typically constructed around rather detailed “end-user” profiles based on significant research. Yeah, really. So, just winging something, throwing it online, and hoping for the best isn’t all that productive.
- Who are they? Seriously…
- What problem are they trying to solve?
- What desire are they trying to fulfill?
- What is the direct way that your ebook is going to serve them?
- What’s in it for the audience?
Ideally, marketers could become Spock-like at will and mind-meld with end-users, but at this point, we either have to engage and interview them somehow directly, or rely on the research out there that’s waiting to enlighten us.
Step 2: Mind-Map a Brilliant Outline
Structure. Do whatever you have to do to craft an outline unless you’re some kind of mad genius wordsmith that can conjure up B2b ebooks at will without one. Don’t go overboard in a hurry here because the waters of mediocrity are cold! Start with 5 chapters that each have 2 to 3 subsections. From that framework build what works for your project, but at least this way there’s a solid foundation. Here’s what it looks like:
- Chapter One/Introduction: Get to the point immediately, state the problem you’re fixing or the desire you’re quenching. Most often end users are after education, so stick to the raw data but add some personality.
- Chapter Two: Each chapter needs a catchy title, and ideally it should also include a keyword without sounding mechanical or unnatural.
- Chapter Three: You’re about half way through here, so it’s the last place that should feel bogged down. The writing should move and engage, while the formatting makes everything easy to digest and scan.
- Chapter Four: Make sure your subtitles are also quirky, personable, and search engine friendly. Furthermore, as you’re on the final stretch beware of repetitious content. Educate, inform; talk about problems and solutions while making people smile along the way.
- Chapter Five/Conclusion: This is a recap, to reinforce the service you’ve done for the customer. State the problems you solved. Strengthen the bond, don’t weaken it with advertising. Pitches and calls to actions are two completely different things.
Step 3: Fill In the Blanks with Style
Bullet lists, quotes, numbered lists, short smoothly transitioning paragraphs, snappy sentences, and personality will always win over traditional walls of text. As you fill in the outline, make sure each section is, well, similar to white paper. But, instead of leading prospects to a sale, you’re leading them to the next chapter.
Step 4: Extract & Employ Expert Content
In some respects, the value of b2b ebooks can be measured by how many other people, besides those that did the writing/publishing, are mentioned inside it. Start interviewing people at the office.
Email questionnaires out to everyone your emailing list that revolves around the problem your ebooks are addressing. Gather as much juicy expert content as you can and then layer it throughout your ebook, making sure to mention names, cite sources, and lavish them with your praise.
Step 5: Make it Free with Benefits
Simply put: it’s too expensive to try and market b2b ebooks for a few bucks worth of royalties. Ebook marketing campaigns and product launches can get super pricey in a quick minute. Instead, make it free, and a reward for simple actions like opt-ins, subscribing, joining email lists, etc.
We are experts in copywriting, if you need a professional in this area to manage your company’s content our immediate availability will keep your posts fresh daily. Contact us to receive more information about what we do and how we work. Visit us at kaperider.com to discover more about our copywriting services.