So that ebook you put together and threw on Amazon isn’t performing as well as expected huh? Then transform it into an Inbound Marketing tool! Winning the self-publishing lottery is hard to do, but using ebooks to expand audiences, elevate brands, and strengthen sales funnels is actually really easy to do.
Most often the reason ebook authors get tiny royalty checks is because barely anyone knows their product exists. Forget Amazon and all the ebooks on the market with a price tag, what about the countless free ones as well? Assuming your ebook is directed towards a specific niche, it’s a far better idea to incorporate it into a wider inbound marketing strategy.
Step #1: Make it a Mini Sales Funnel
In Inbound Marketing, If it’s a really long ebook, break it down into smaller chunks. Why not? Ebooks are never stagnant object, but always evolving. They can be changed, rearranged, revised, and republishing within a matter of hours or days on most platforms. Take that mammoth non-fiction how-to ebook and break it down into a series of FREE mini-sales funnels. Once there is no price attached to the ebook, the goal becomes entice readers to stay engaged from the first word to the last.
- Readers that are still with you on the last word are more likely to convert.
- They’re more likely to follow through on those calls to action.
- They’re more likely to click on links and head to websites, landing pages, blogs, or social media hubs.
Step #2: Make it a Lead Generator
Instead of charging a fee for an ebook in Inbound Marketing, simply ask that people sign up, opt-in, subscribe here, or click the follow button and receive it for free. It’s hard to adequately stress how powerful this is. If it was a huge non-fiction that was broken down into smaller easier to digest chunks, imagine saying to potential customers and prospects,
“Sign up to here to receive our regular updates and informational content, and have your pick of any of the powerhouse ebooks absolutely free!”
- Get them on an emailing list.
- Get them interacting with your company blog.
- Get them
Step #3: Make it an Audience Expander
It’s hard to market ebooks with price tags, for no other reason than consumers are tired of “ebook commercialism.” They’ve seen a million “Kindle” ads. There’s so much competition! Furthermore, let’s face it, right now outbound marketing techniques rule the roost of ebook promotion.
- Sure that free ebook won’t bring in any direct sales, but what if it brings in tons of new prospects?
- What if it has an incredible conversion rate then sends lots of traffic to the website?
- What if it’s a really effective tool in terms of educating customers along sales funnels?
When ebooks stop performing, or never get a chance to get off the ground, consider turning them from a more outbound product with a price tag into a free inbound marketing tool unlike any other!
With all this in mind you may want to contact us to learn more about eBooks.