B2b marketing: You, and from a figurative perspective your business, are the average of the company you keep. In terms of income, take a look at your five closest friends and realize that you’re typically going to be the average.
Brands live or die according to the things that consumers equate with them. With that said, these days there’s no question that Information Products like ebooks are extremely fast moving hot ticket B2B marketing items that send the right message. The key is to not only write and package them correctly, but to include tons of extracted expert content.
What’s the quickest and easiest way to do this that adds tons of value in many ways? Expert Interviews. Usually, for free, anyone can get their hands on tons of juicy content if they’re willing to find experts and interview them.
Source a Quasi-Journalist
The first and most crucial step to producing quality B2B ebooks is to get hold of a good interviewer. You need someone that is comfortable asking other professionals, decision makers, and CEOs lists of questions, engaging them in on-topic chit chat and recording it all. It’s not as easy as it sounds. There’s a certain finesse required when it comes to getting experts to open up and share their vision outside of scripted responses.
- They need to stay on point, so make sure that your interviewer is equipped with a list of questions (that follow a logical path) to ask and delve into.
- They need to keep the conversation interesting. What’s the point of wasting the allotted time covering things that a quick trip over to Google could supply?
- In an ideal world they should also be, or have some experience as, a web writer themselves so they can keep that perspective in mind throughout the interviews.
In & Outsourcing Expert Content for Ebooks
The idea that it’s hard to get expert interviews to layer throughout ebooks for B2B marketing purposes is absolute blasphemy! Both within and encircled around any business are tons of people with plenty of knowledge and expertise to share. From the guy in the cubicle down the hall to the CEO; from a competing brand’s marketing director to an end-user they’re literally everywhere and most are interested in being interviewed.
Have you ever been asked to be interviewed? Really, who says no to that? Almost no one! You simply get in touch with them and say something like, “We’re putting together this really neat ebook on this or that and heard you’re an expert. Would you be interested in giving an interview to our journalist?”
- They get to have their name, brand, company, product, or service cited in an ebook. Who says no to free marketing?
- They need to understand that you own 100% of the content. It’s no different than talking to a newspaper or magazine journalist for a “story.”
- They get to be treated like an expert, and what experts don’t like to hear themselves talk?
From Raw Content to Revenue Streams
So basically, in terms of putting together ebooks that move quickly, get taken seriously, and are elevated by the experts included within them, all that’s needed is some core content which can then be easily expanded upon through expert interviews.
You take the audio and transcribe it into raw textual content. Then it’s polished and included in the information product. Ebooks also are known by the company they keep. Being able to include lots of names is a good thing.
Bottom line: expert interviews drastically increase the production rate, and intrinsic value of, ebooks for B2B marketing purposes.
Need to learn more about B2B Marketing and eBooks, contact us to know.